Friday, July 15, 2011

Day Eight-- Yay and Nay

Today I came in a bit early to get my blog post for yesterday up. After the intern meeting my morning was pretty busy. I continued to mess around with the parameters in the IDL program and eventually figured out the magic numbers. (Contrary to popular belief these numbers are 180 and 330, not 3.) Using these numbers gave proper plots, like the ones below:

Yay!

I was really excited that the plots finally looked like jets, and the parameters worked for all of the data. At the one o'clock meeting, however, I found out that I have been using the wrong code. Major facepalm. So that isn't ideal, but at least I have more experience with IDL now. After the meeting I spent the remainder of the afternoon looking through the proper code and figuring out what needs alteration.

No comments:

Post a Comment