Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day One

Today was really fun. The scavenger hunt involved a lot of walking around this morning; I saw more of RIT than I knew existed and found some bizarre things with my group. After lunch I had to go to payroll and get paperwork sorted out, and then I reported to the Insight Lab. Dr Jake had one of the several people in there give us (the five high school interns working in Insight this summer) another tour of the CIS building to point out the other rooms used by the Insight lab. Then we set up necessary computer accounts and read the first chapter of Dr Jake's doctoral thesis, which, to be honest, was approximately 50% English and 50% astronomy jargon to my eyes. I still don't know the specifics of what I'll be doing in the lab this summer, but we're supposed to receive more information tomorrow. So until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment