Monday, July 18, 2011

Day Nine

Today I got an early start, arriving at around seven. I figured out a few issues with the code but also ended up having a bunch of questions which I asked Chris after the intern meeting. I also had a question for Preeti so I found her in her office. Later she came up to the Insight Lab to clarify what she needs for the slices, which was helpful. IDL started refusing to open the fits files, however, which is massively unhelpful. I wrestled with it for a while and then Chris tried to help me for about an hour, but the files still won't work correctly. What makes the problem even more exciting is that when IDL doesn't read the fits file correctly, it also messes up the file somehow, so it won't work at all. This is very annoying and frustrating. I really wish I understood IDL more. I will probably have to hunt down someone else who is more comfortable with it tomorrow so I can keep moving forewords with the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment