Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day Twelve

I had to come in at 7:30 this morning, so I got an early start organising the lab a bit more, checking up on emails, and working with the code a. Bob pleasantly surprised us this morning with doughnuts at the intern meeting. After the meeting I was able to resolve a problem in the code (almost completely without help this time!). Following lunch, however, I realised that the issue was only taken care of for some of the files, while others were still stuck and one wasn't even reading. I fixed the reading issue but am still working on the other problems.

IDL is becoming more familiar, although I don't know how valuable my alterations to the code are so far. Hopefully Jake will send some information or feedback soon.

At four I attended a talk about viewing the atom, which included information about how electron microscopes work to view an atom and what technology RIT has to view materials on a nano-scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment